▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

My photo
TO UNDERSTAND DEATH BY DYING. ___________________________________ ■ NAME : 課長D。
___________________________________ ■ SEX : ♂
___________________________________ ■ BIRTHDAY : 9月22日
___________________________________ ■ HEIGHT : 188cm
___________________________________ ■ WEIGHT: 155kg
___________________________________ ■ SCENT :【PLATINUM EGOÏSTE】
___________________________________ ■ FAVORITE :
_JULIUS
BACKBONE THE BASIS
Chrome Hearts
DEADLY Claris
deepstyle
____________________________________ I like DIR EN GREY,
and I dislike pretty much everything else.

Instagram

FOLLOWERS

Search

There was an error in this gadget
layout © 568A

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

XLI

I felt that I needed to have the DIR EN GREY discography in Apple Lossless wich basically means that you get the sound in a format that doesn't "break down" the quality of the sound.
And it takes less space than .flac.
= The best sound quality I can get
Some of my DIR EN GREY CDs!

I guess a lot of people doesn't really care about it, but I do, at least when it comes to DIR EN GREY.
I (try to) get everything else in 320kbps, I can't stand lower quality, haha.
(The free Spotify service is in 128kbps)
But there's one thing with Apple Lossless that sucks, it's the size of the files!
But as you can see the bit rate is insane, around 1000 kbps!

Only the 「UROBOROS」 album takes up 700MB!

I don't have everything in Apple Lossless yet, far from, but I'm guessing it'll be around 10-11 GB for their discography. The bad thing is that I can't fit so much into my iPhone! I only have the 16GB version. But the sound is amazing!


I personally strongly recommend doing it, it's very easy!
° You need to have iTunes
° iTunes> General> Import Settings> Import Using> Apple Lossless Encoder
° Done!

And from now on, everytime you put in a CD, it will ask you if you wanna import it.
And then you just accept it, and it will import it in Apple Lossless!
You can also change it to various of other formats / quality,
but I never recommend anything lower than 320 kbps

Possibly the best album art ever
And for those who didn't know where I got my twitter nick, now you know!

Some of the amazing art from the 「UROBOROS」booklet

Possibly two of my favorit album covers.
I picked and old one, 「FILTH」(2001) and a (pretty) new one 「DOZING GREEN」(2007)
「FILTH」Art Direction & Art Design by: Koji Yoda, Yoshifumi Matsuyama
「DOZING GREEN」Illustration & Art Design by: Takato Yamamoto, Koji Yoda

I hoep this entry wasn't too boring, haha!
° Do you like DIR EN GREY? 
° What's your favorit band/artist?
° What kind of music do you listen to?

If you wanna know more about what I listen to you can always check out my Last.fm account !

6 comments:

  1. Jeg holder meg fortsatt til flac, da jeg ikke kan fordra jævla Apple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, ont day you'll learn that Apple is the way to go! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta say that out of all their latest releases that I've heard, DOZING GREEN is my favorite. I have their compilation album that was released a while ago (2007 maybe?) and I really like it! : D

    I'm a sucker for purchasing jrock albums! D: it's terrible.. I have a TON of them already, and I can't stop buying them. Next up is the GazettE best of album.. I'm a bit disappointed with the tracklist tho >_>" I would've preferred WAY more songs and WAY more songs from their previous releases. *kicks PSC*

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow your diru collection is really huge! ;)
    I like metalcore but I like everything actually lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog and you are so cool!
    I love your style~~♥
    I follow u

    ReplyDelete
  6. 나니:
    I have to agree with you, I think DOZING GREEN might be their best single ever actually, because of the songs, the design and everything. It's a solid release straight through!
    Oh, you are? I had no idea! I only buy DIR EN GREY, can't afford everything lol! But I always pre-book their singles, so I get the 1st press limited edition!

    RiA SPiRAL:
    Oh, thanks! haha.
    Well, I don't consider DIR EN GREY metalcore, but I guess it's the closest genre I can find for them. But I've never heard ANY band sound anything similar to DIR EN GREY!
    Haha, I actually like pretty much everything, you can check out my Last.fm for a better look at my taste!

    Suzu:
    Thank you so much!
    I'm glad to hear that you like it,
    thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete