▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

My photo
TO UNDERSTAND DEATH BY DYING. ___________________________________ ■ NAME : 課長D。
___________________________________ ■ SEX : ♂
___________________________________ ■ BIRTHDAY : 9月22日
___________________________________ ■ HEIGHT : 188cm
___________________________________ ■ WEIGHT: 155kg
___________________________________ ■ SCENT :【PLATINUM EGOÏSTE】
___________________________________ ■ FAVORITE :
_JULIUS
BACKBONE THE BASIS
Chrome Hearts
DEADLY Claris
deepstyle
____________________________________ I like DIR EN GREY,
and I dislike pretty much everything else.

Instagram

FOLLOWERS

Search

There was an error in this gadget
layout © 568A

Monday, December 12, 2011

LXXIV

Q&A
Hi, the blog hasn't been updated in a while since me and Viivi is working on my new blog layout,
and it's a huuuuge redesign, it will be completely different compared to this layout.
But in the meantime I thought I could post my answers from the Q&A we had on Viivi's blog!
But this will only include answers by me, on questions for me and us both, if you want to read the full entry including Viivi just thunder gun over to her blog!

Prepare for a wall of text, but this is all the questions I've gotten and I tried to answer questions with something more than "Yes" and "No". And the answers are just copypasted from the ones I gave for Viivi's blog, so some questions like "Do you have a blog" will kinda answer themselves when you read them. But I decided to keep the answers anyway.





Photo by Heikki

ABOUT ME
Do you study or work? What and where?
At the moment I'm studying at three different universities.
I've been taking classes in Japanese, Film studies, graphic design and fine arts.

What made you go into a certain street style?
I guess boredom, since I was tired of what I looked like and then gradually I changed into something I like more for the moment.

What background are you? I believe you said you have Asian blood but which part of Asia?
I'm teuton and asian. Northern central Europe and south east Asia.

Is that your real hair or are they extensions?
It is all my real hair. I've never wore extensions, except for a few times. (Like two-three times) only to get a different color in my hair. It's about 70cm at it's longest. (Longer than Viivi's extensions, haha!) And I can also tuck it into my pants, if I want to, lol!

What made you fall in love with Viivi and come all the way to Finland?
I don't really know. For some reason we see to be able to talk and hang out together without any difficulties, I guess it just “clicked”. (For some reason!)

When is your birthday? Day, month and a year?
22nd, September, 1991.

Where do you live?
I actually live in Trollhättan, (problem Manhattan?) about 80km north of Gothenburg.







How do you live?
In the forest, in a bit of a nerd cave.

How do you like in Finland or Helsinki now that you've seen it?
I like it, it's like Gothenburg, but a little bit nicer!

Will you (n)ever learn the language? (Finnish)
Haha, I probably won't. Since the language seems so hard, and I don't really bother learning it since it would take so much time, and I'm good at English so I guess that'll do it.

Do you have a blog?
Yes, it have been mention (every) time Viivi writes and entry with my name.
But for your sake I'll write it here too, just press this text.

What kind of toothbrush do you have?
I don't have any specific toothbrush brand at the moment.
But I in general prefer “manual” toothbrushes even though they're not a good as the automatic ones.
I prefer a medium hard brush, since the soft ones doesn't really give me the satisfaction of “cleaning feeling” that I like. And the hard brushes aren't so good for my teeth or gum.

Is it hard to speak only English with Viivi, does it get frustrating?
No, I've been studying “advanced English” during high school and I've grown up with movies, cartoons and video games which are in English. So I've picked up some English during my life time.

Is it weird to hear people talking Finnish?
No, since I'm in Finland I expect them to talk Finnish.

How tall are you?
Last time I measured myself I was 188cm / 6'2”

What's your opinion of Viivi’s nails?
I like them, I don't really like women who doesn't do anything with their nails.
It's not a deal breaker if she wouldn't have nice nails, but it's always a plus to look good.
I take care of my nails myself.

Have you ever met DIR EN GREY members?
No, I haven't. I've only seen them live four times and never when they had a meet-and-greet, and I don't think the extra money for “V.I.P tickets” is worth the money, since I'll probably only be shaking their hand and say a few things while they poker face with their sunglasses.
And I would also get the feeling that I would annoy the people I admire. But, I might go to a free signing session.

Would you like to work as a host? Why yes/no?
I guess I wouldn't mind, since it's a job. I rather work as a host than a burger flipper at some McDonalds if you catch me. Being a host isn't my “dream job” but it would be OK. It seems like a lot of fun. (And I'm aware that it probably is pretty tiresome as well, but it's a job).



What do you think is better - PS3 or XBOX? Why?
Playstation 3 by far. I don't see any reasons why people would prefer the Xbox 360.
The only licensed game that Xbox 360 has that I'm a bit interested in are the “Gears of Wars”-trilogy, but that's all. PS3 has far better exclusive titles, as well as a Blu-ray player and a lot more firepower so they wouldn't need to compress any games and make them worse (FFXIII for 360 lol)
Everybody knows that PS3 are for real men.


Do you think Viivi looks great even without make up and hair done?
I do, she's cute!

Why do you always look so unhappy if you two love each other?
Maybe it's a bit of a tradition, I've been raised that you shouldn't fuck around in pictures.
So I guess that's why I always keep my poker face on when the cameras are flashing.
And that I look like a psychopath when I fake smile, so that doesn't work either.
I've been thinking about smiling sometimes, but I'll do that after I got my teeth bleached!

Why do you have sunglasses almost in every picture? Don’t you like your eyes, or what?
I like my eyes, and I also wear circle lenses, which I also like.
Sunglasses is an accessory, and it's my favorite accessory so I like to wear sunglasses.
And if you're wearing sunglasses you usually get some marks on your nose where the sunglasses rests, so I usually keep them on. Pretty simple!







Wasn't it hard for you to start dating girl who lives on the other side of the world?
Well, I don't really consider Scandinavia “the world” but to be honest I don't think it's that difficult.
Sure, traveling sucks, but it's only for a few hours.

Which things about Viivi are better when compared to Asian girls?
I've never dated an Asian girl, and I assume you think that I would prefer Asian girls since I like ~Japan~, but I don't actually. I've seen more attractive “white girls” than Asian girls, and I guess “white” would actually be my favorite “type” (INB4: racist).
And I think Asian girls in general are more ugly than “whites”.

Is Davy your real name?
Yes, it is.

Do you speak Finnish?
No, I don't.

How big is your dick?
All you ever wanted and a little extra!

Funniest word in Finnish?
Probably “Kalsarikännit” ! (It means that you're getting drunk at home in your underwear)

Which countries have you visited?
Hm.. You can count it on your fingers!

Did you like Viivi's parents?
I do, they're nice people.

Which one of your parents is Asian?
My mom.

Whose fashion do you emulate the most?
Probably 京 of DIR EN GREY. They're (and especially 京) my biggest inspiration for pretty much everything I do, think and feel.







Who is your role model when it comes to fashion?
DIR EN GREY, but I'm also very inspired by the korean pop-scene (mostly YG ent.).
But most of what they're wearing is luxury brands which I think isn't really worth that much money. Since I'm not a billionaire.
And a lot of visual kei-artists inspire me as well, not with their stage outfits but with their “casual/off stage style” .
I pick my “fashion inspiration” from everything and everywhere. I tend to mix a lot of styles and make it into something of my own.
But it's mainly Japanese and Korean fashion. I don't like people who wears outfits copied straight out of a magazine and then claim that it's “their style” since they haven't put any more thought into it than to purchasing it.

Do you use make-up?
Yes, I do. But I usually “invisible make-up” in that sense that I usually looks natural. I have some friends who didn't notice that I had make-up until half a year after I've met them, haha.
Basic stuff like; foundation, concealer, eyebrow pencil, mascara and skin toned shadows.
I can see the difference, but others can't. Only that it makes my face look flawless.
And when it's party time I usually use more “dramatic” make-up.

BOTH
5 best things about each other?
Personality, sense of humor, haha, boring answer.

5 worst things about each other?
That we don't have the same taste in music or movies.

How do parents of one another's attitude to you?
D: They haven't met Viivi yet, so I don't really know, haha.

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
D: About 30 minutes for the very basic, shave, applying skin creams, pick clothing, some basic hair-do.

What kind of music do you like the most?
D: I enjoy most music. But I guess “metal” is my favorite, I mostly listen to ~visual kei~ but I'm also a huge fan of heavy metal. Heavy, speed, black and death metal are probably my favorite genres. But I also like electro/pop music, such as Lady gaga and 2NE1.
Top five bands/artist are probably; DIR EN GREY, Johnny Cash, Bruce Springsteen, Lady Gaga and Veroncia Maggio.
I'm also a fan of jazz, opera and chanson, which I think most people wouldn't expect!
And yeah, there's one genre that I can't stand; reggae. Everything sounds exactly the same.
And boring uninspired music in general. Even if it's very technical it was to give me something more than that for me to enjoy it. Also a big fan of video games, and video game music.

What do you think about heavy metal music and do you ever listen to it?
D: I love it, and I listen to it pretty much every day. Heavy metal is forever.

Which colour you wouldn't EVER dye your hair?
D: In any “funny” colors like all purple, green or something like that.

What's a nickname only your family calls you?
D: They just say “Davy” haha.

What's a weird habit of yours?
D: I don't know if it's weird but I always avoid touching “public stuff” like doors and such, I always (if it's possible) kick the doors open or wear gloves, haha. And I wash my hands pretty often.
And I always close the toilet lid before I flush, even though I am a guy and guys always wants to “keep the lid open” because we take a piss standing, haha.
And I rarely turn have any lights on, even if I'm going somewhere in the house and it's pitch black. Because it's “waste of electricity”.

Do you have any weird phobias?
D: I don't know if it's weird but I'm mostly afraid of people, and I'm not very found of bugs either. And I'm not really afraid of heights, just the ground below. And I don't like people who do drugs, even if it's “only weed” I always try to move away and keep my distance.

What's a song you secretly LOVE to blast & belt out when you're alone?
D: Millionaires! Haha, their music is so terrible it's good.

What's the beauty rule you preach, but never ACTUALLY practice?
D: To exercise on a daily basis, or exercise at all. I think all kinds of work outs are a pain in the ass. I wish I would like to go to the gym, or just for a run, but I don't. I think it's horrible.
And not to eat so much that you have to lay down afterwards, I don't feel satisfied with a meal if I don't feel like I'm going to explode.

Do you have any 'weird' body 'skills'?
D: I'm pretty flexible, so I can bend most body parts in “weird ways”.

What's your favourite 'comfort food'/food that’s 'bad' but you love to eat it anyways?
D: Everything I eat! Haha, chips, pizza, soda, burgers, tacos, kebab, bacon, cheese, french fries you name it. Though I'm not really a fan of sweet stuff, like candy. I prefer a salty snack.

What's a phrase or exclamation you always say?
D: Hm.. I don't know if use any specific ones right now, it usually comes and goes, a lot of inside jokes. But I usually change the letter “i” into “y” in words to make it more “dramatic”.

How do you do your eyebrows, they look perfect. Any suggestions on how to get them like that or would you ever do a tutorial?
D: Thank you! I actually do have a tutorial for how I do my eyebrows (click right here to see it)
I use pretty basic stuff, a razor, a small scissor, tweezers and an eyebrow pencil.

What made you start blogging? How'd you feel about it at first? How about now?
D: I actually got a lot of questions if I had a blog, and I've been blogging pretty on and off, but I'm a blog reader, so I thought “why not”.

Do you have a dream you wish to accomplish in life?
D: I do, actually I have several of them.

Do you want to have kids in the future?
D: I'm not a big fan of kids, and they cost a lot of money which I could spend on nice things for myself, so I', very sceptical. Maybe if I get really rich, but I'm not a people person.

What bands' gigs have you been to? Which one was the best? Is there a band you'd like to see?
D: I've been to over a hundred gigs, I can't remember everything and I don't wanna spend hours trying to figure it out, but I can write down some of my favorite ones.

DIR EN GREY, my favorite bands so obviously it would make the list. I think their performance at Koko, London, 2011 is my favorie, good choice of songs, intense and incredible gig. And Lady Gaga in Stockholm 2009 was also an amazing experience, great performance, not to mention all her outfits and the stage props. Bruce Springsteen in Stockholm, 2009 was also one of those magic moments, I mean, it's Bruce, how can it not be amazing?

And there's also Veronica Maggio, I've seen her four times live this year for a reason, her gig in Örebro, 2011 was probably my favorite of the four shows I saw. Very intimate gig, a lot of eye contact and all that, (ahaha, super gay) but it was something special.
And my most recent gig was actually one of the best shows I've seen, Watain, Gothenburg, 2011.
The smell of rotten blood and flesh, the fire, the whole atmosphere was from another world. It feels like you're leaving your prison of flesh to enter a world of chaos and fire. Truly something extraordinary!

And if you count bands/artist I haven't seen live that i really wanna see, I would like to see; 東京事変, X-JAPAN, 2NE1, DEATHGAZE, lynch., -Oz-, MEJIBRAY, Ghost (swe), Iron Maiden, Metalucifer, Scooter, 凛として時雨, RADWIMPS and マキシマムザホルモン just to mention a few bands I'd like to see live.


Are you a musical person?
D: Not as musical as I want to be, I've had bands, and done some roadie work for bands and other backstage stuff, sometimes make-up and other times I've done the lights. I prefer vocals for myself and I'm also a bass owner.

Do you have one best friend or a group of equally good ones?
D: Hard question, I don't really have any “best friend” nor a group of “equally good” I have some people that I talk to more than others, and have more similar interests/taste with than others.

Which member of your family do you get along the best?
D: Actually my sisters, we both look pretty similar fashion and music. But they're more into the k/j-pop while I prefer the heavier rock side of music. But we have some artists in common.

Something you regret?
D: Yes.

Someone who inspires you (with anything)?
D: DIR EN GREY, their music inspires and shape me as a human. Everything I do seems to have some connection to them and their music, Johnny Cash is also an inspiration. And fictional characters like Patrick Bateman and Batman as well.

Are you a perfectionist? If so, does it hold you back or do you see it as a resource?
D: I am, and it's both. But I think it pushes things in the right direction mostly.

Your best childhood memory?
D: I don't really know, maybe some vacation.

Your favourite ice-cream flavour?
D: I enjoy vanilla most of the “basic” flavors, but it has to be real vanilla, you know the fancier ones.

What would you like to tell your readers?
D: Nothing specific, but I enjoy questions and to get to know people so always feel free to comment.

Do you like alcohol? If you do, how often do you get drunk?
D: I do, I guess once a week or something. I like to have a little weekend party.

Which are the things that first made you get a crush (on eachother)?
D: Her looks, I don't really get interested in knowing ugly people. Haha, that sounded bad, but you know, if somebody looks good you want to talk to them and all that.

How often do you think about each other?
D: I don't know, we talk everyday, so everyday.

How did your parents react when you told you’re dating?
D: I haven't really told them directly, just that I'm going to Viivi's for a couple of weeks and they haven't really said anything about it.

Have you dated anyone before this?
D: Yes, twice.

Where do you want to travel together and why?
D: I would like to see Japan and Korea, but there's a lot of things I want to see, like the great pyramids, but that's the only thing there that I would like to see so I don't think we'll go there. Haha.
I would mostly like to go to east asia.

Who would you be, if you one day got a chance to be anyone you like?
D: Batman!

From where do you get your inspiration when it comes to style?
D: From everything, mostly form Korea and Japan. I have a more detailed description about this in the “Davy”-section of the entry.

Do you think you have influenced each others styles?
D: Well, we ask about each others opinions about clothing. But if I would really like something and Viivi wouldn't I would get it anyway, haha.







Is there something you dislike in each others style?
D: Hm.. No not really. I'm actually very satisfied with her sense of style.

Are you into politics? Which party do/did you vote for? And if not, why?
D: I wouldn't call myself “into”, but I know the basics and read news papers.
I voted, I think everybody should vote (you're not entitled to complain if you haven't voted!) I don't think you would know the party I voted for even if I wrote which party it was. But I'm on the blue side, I can tell you that.

Harry Potter or Twilight?
D: I haven't read any of the books, but I've seen all HP movies except the last two parts and I've seen the first and latest Twilight movie and I can easily say that I find HP much more entertaining.
Since HP is about friendship, doing what's right, overcome your fears and to protect what you hold dear I think it's better than Twilight, while the Twilight saga is about how important it is to have a boyfriend. But if you wanna know, I like Edward more than Jacob.
(Why do you even take of your shirt when you transform into a wolf but not your pants?) and not to mention that Twilight pretty much ruined everything about what the classic monsters are about. I mean, you're a vampire but you can eat garlic, stay in the sunlight, you can't become a bat, wolf or mist and you can look yourself in the mirror, come on, what kind of vampire are you!?

Favourite movies and/or genres? Do your tastes fit together?
D: Sadly, no. I've always been very interested in movies, and movie making. I've been studying it in high school and I've also attended film studies on a university level. I don't really know what my favorite genre would be, since most movies are a mixture of different kind of genres.
It was actually Hollywood who had to invent the genres for movies in the 1930's, but that's a different story.

So, I guess I would say “drama/crime/horror” is my favorite genre. My favorite movie is “Oldboy” by Chan-Wook Park, I guess it's a mixture of drama, thriller and horror. It's a movie that makes you tired, not as bored, but you can feel how heavy your body and mind is afterwards. You have to think and be on your toes all the time, since the story and dramaturgy is so well written in every scense, and the art direction and cinematography is absolutely beautiful.
I also love Alfred Hitchcock, Stanley Kubrick, Steven Spielberg, Francis Ford Coppola, Ridley Scott, James Cameron, Akira Kurosawa and all the other masters of motion pictures.

I don't think there's really any music genre I dislike, I dislike bad movies, haha. And there's terrible movies in every genre. But I think that slow love movies are pretty boring. But the absolute worst movie I've ever finished is “Meet the Spartans”, I tried watching “Epic Movie” by the same guys but I couldn't take it after ten minutes. That kind of movies are absolutely the worst, the humour is so boring and stupid/silly and I can't really take that.
My favorite comedy movie is probably “Some Like It Hot” (1959), but when it comes to newer movies I would say that “Superbad” is one of the best newer comedy movies I've seen. I know pretty much every line from the movie, haha. And I love that “gang” with Michael Cera, Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill and Bill Hader, I like most of the movies with them together. Maybe because they're so nerdy, haha.

There's a lot from my childhood that I still like, Star Wars and Jurassic Park just to mention one thing, and all the series I watched, TMNT Dino Riders, Batman TAS are some of the things I still watch, it's fun to see movies and series from an adult perspective, because you notice and watch the movies very differently compared to when you where a kid.
I try to watch at least four-five movies a week, there's a lot of movies that I want to see, but I sometimes have the problem to find times to watch them, but I do my best.
(I like movies.)

Do you guys have any advice on how you manage your relationship?
D: I think the most basic rule is to “be yourself”, and just do the things you like doing. Don't worry too much always looking your best when you're just going to have a “stay at home day” or anything like that.

Do you guys shop for clothes together and help pick out each other's outfits?
D: We do, we usually ask about opinions and exchange ideas for items and outfits, to get some other perspective and some new ideas and inspiration.

Biggest sacrifice you made for the other?
D: Hm, none really. But the travelling costs, so I can't buy as much video games and clothing that I could if I would be forever alone, haha.

What size are you?
D: Not really sure about the question, but I usually buy M/L when it comes to clothing in EU. And I usually pick the biggest size when it comes to korean and japanese fashion, since I'm tall and thats the only that would fit my size. And I have 42-43 Swe (270 JP/2700 Kr/9-10 US, male) shoe size.

Are you getting each other presents for xmas?
D: I'm not really sure what to get her, we just check out things we want that isn't as expensive and then we just buy that for each other. It's better to be safe than sorry.

MISC
Why are interracial couples so common in Finland?
D: I have no idea, is it more common here than anywhere else?

Is there some special attraction to the “exotic”?
D: I don't know, I wouldn't consider Finland exotic.

Do you regret having said people can ask whatever they want?
D: No, I think it's fun to get questions. And if there would be something “stupid” they'll just get a “stupid” answer in return.
Can you make the answer post for the questions as a video post? I'd love to see you guys in living screen and hear your voices!
D: For this update? No, mostly because it would be too long, and you would have to pay more attention to the answers and I think reading is more appreciated by a wider audience.

Are your kids going to speak Swedish?
D: Haha, I don't know. Maybe, depends on where we would live, when/if we want kids.

Is Davy wearing Viivi's belt in that picture?
D: For the Q&A announcement? Yes.






That was all the questions I got!
I thought it would be a bit retarded to do a "whom am I"-entry so I decided 
to publish the questions I got instead, I hoped you enjoyed it!

9 comments:

  1. HAHA omg the Diru cutter pic. TROLOLOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. du börjar låta lite mer munter, bra!! söta bilder också.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 나니: Haha, the best picture!!!1
    Sofia: haha, aaw, tack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This new layout is cool! Viivi is so good at making layouts. This is not so depressing anymore with all the black, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAHA problem manhattan? ! XDD can't stop laughing.

    also the new layout is cool. and the photo of you which Heikki took... dats awesome. >:) http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsekkn0BMT1ql141xo1_500.gif

    I like you and I like your blog. Your sense of humor... it amuses me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beve:
    Haha, that was actually one of my main points, that it would look more attractive and readable if the colors wasn't so depressing!

    Anon:
    Haha, YEP.
    Thank you and thank you! Comments are always appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. JÄDRA JOBBIG FÄRG DU ANVÄNDE PÅ FRÅGORNA?!?! FÅR JU FÖRTATAN ONT I ÖGNEN?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's a lot of questions! It's nice to get to know you :)

    ReplyDelete