▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

My photo
TO UNDERSTAND DEATH BY DYING. ___________________________________ ■ NAME : 課長D。
___________________________________ ■ SEX : ♂
___________________________________ ■ BIRTHDAY : 9月22日
___________________________________ ■ HEIGHT : 188cm
___________________________________ ■ WEIGHT: 155kg
___________________________________ ■ SCENT :【PLATINUM EGOÏSTE】
___________________________________ ■ FAVORITE :
_JULIUS
BACKBONE THE BASIS
Chrome Hearts
DEADLY Claris
deepstyle
____________________________________ I like DIR EN GREY,
and I dislike pretty much everything else.

Instagram

FOLLOWERS

Search

There was an error in this gadget
layout © 568A

Thursday, July 26, 2012

XCVIII

UppCon: XII
~part two~

The largest convention for East Asian popculture in Scandinavia

Saturday, day two, today was the day of the fashion show which I participated in. Though, the worst thing was that it was scheduled at 10 (or was it 11 AM..?) anyway, early. It felt like the fashion show was very devalued since it got such a shitty time. The sleeping lounges closes at 12 PM, though it's free to leave them earlier but because of this a lot of people probably still was at the sleeping lounges. And the second day is the longest and people usually go 'all in' and puts in cosplays etc so it obviously takes the longest time to get the people to the convention this day.

It was really empty when we got there, but it shaped up later on, but still a bit disappointed in the amount of people. Since most people at conventions don't care that much about the fashion show (or at least it seems like it), but it was alright. So a bit pissed, but it all went well!


I did the most boring and lazy outfit I've done, haha. Because I/we was working the day before we didn't get to sleep until 2-3 AM and then we needed to be ready at the con around 09AM, so it was very few hours of sleep because it was so early. And you need to fix yourself etc. 
And with little sleep my eyes looks really tired too, so I was mostly pissed about everything and decided to skip full make up and I didn't even bother doing my hair, haha. Fuck everything, so I went with a hat and shades instead. I've become very fond of hats lately, I need more hats.



But I really have to say that I admire the people who really put some effort to it, unlike somebody else. Hopefully they got to sleep earlier than I did. Almost everybody was wearing wigs, so the times has changed a bit. I remember five years ago when they started to have fashion shows at cons (which was only for lolita then!), nobody wore a wig. I don't even think I saw cosplayers wearing wigs, unless it was somebody that was really good (at the time) the cosplay standard now days is waaay beyond how it was when I started. (Oldfag here)


There was way more lolitas than I expected! I thought it was a bit "outdated" to wear lolita today, but I guess I was wrong. (Well, how should I know? I don't hang around with lolitas.) But, lolita was never really my thing, at all. Haha, but it was fun to see so many different lolitas and a few other styles as well.


Another thing that has changed a lot is that I don't know people any more, conventions are so much bigger now so I feel a bit lost. Felt like I knew everybody back in the days, now I just wander around like some shadow haha. But here's a group photo of everybody who was in the fashion show!
I'm also way to cool for that \o/ pose. 
The only people I know in the picture is EmiSagaRebeccaErika and Nicole.


Lunch!


Cosplayer's that didn't know I took a picture, and cosplayer's that did know I was taking a picture.


I worked at Apple Store and I also saw a princess..!


When I had a break I went to watch some Street Fighter (I had a friend who competed), everybody knows that real men play Street Fighter. That's a real fightan.


One of the weirdest things (and there's a lot of weird things at cons!) was that there was only Korean karaoke?! Not a single Japanese song was available, which made me very disappointed since it was one of the things I was looking forward to. And everybody knows that DIR EN GREY doesn't have any songs in korean so that sucked. Stupid K-pop wave.


Chillin' in the green room.


The Angst Book! A little book where people wrote down things that happened during the con that resulted in small or bigger amount of anxiety, and on the other side was for the opposite, the good things. (Which also happened to be much less) There was a few hilarious things, and a lot of things was just plain weird. 

I mean, if you have a kid that has social fobi and is/was suicidal and you let them go to an event with over 4000 visitors, it's going to cause problems, and it did. S/he looked herself in some bathroom and there was a lot of phone calls, stuff like that went into the book. Or emptying trash cans and get some nice garbage water all over your pants. The picture above is for those who knows this ancient dragon language.


Avatar-gurl, she walked around in only a G-string during the whole con. She must have been freezing.


Vidya room!


Versailles -Philharmonic Trio-
The girl to the left had nicer bangs than Teru lol! (Teru has terrible bangs, seriously)


Met Jack Sparrow (for some reason there's always a Jack Sparrow at cons) and EbbzzChan and her friend that I don't know the name of.


Sprit! Arufu got extremely ripped during the weekend.


My only warm meal during the weekend, had a romantic date at BK with Hyo.


Later we (Me, Hyo, Rebecca, Amanda) decided to go for drinks. We went to some sports bar that was located somewhere in a construction alley lol. But it was a OK place, not in the middle of the main street.
Emi and Nicole showed up later as well.


wat


Det går bra nu.


Nothing much to say really, we sat for a few hours and had a few beers. Later on that night Sofia swung by for a few minutes. And a wild SEIKE appeared out of no where. We're very on/off about our friendship and it has been like that for the past five-six years for some reason. I don't really know why, but we had a great time and became friends again. So it's all good again haha.


And later some random guy in a suit named Bruno came and sat down with us and talked, nobody knew him but he was a nice guy, talked about some Starcraft and he bought drinks for everybody..! 
So we stayed until closing just chatting and having a great time.
___________

I planned to only do two entries about UppCon, but I realized that I had so many pictures that it will become three entries anyway. So the last day + post-UppCon will be up soon!

1 comment:

  1. Oh god, I love the avatar girl. And Street Fighter is big love as well. The K-pop wave is annoying like hell, though..

    ReplyDelete